This synagogue, located on Abesadze street, Tbilisi, is now functioning as the Royal District Theatre. In 1887, Jewish community of Tbilisi started collecting funds to construct a new synagogue on the land of the existing one. The construction process started in 1903. The synagogue was solemnly opened in 1918, however in 1923 it was closed. In 1928 the Committee for Helping The Neediest Jews started using the building. In 1932, the former synagogue was transformed into Jewish Culture House. The Royal District Theatre has been functioning in this building since 1997. The building has the status of cultural heritage. Despite the fact that, in 2001, the court granted Jewish community co-ownership of the building, the court decision has never been enforced.